Re: Strange menu selection with _arguments and matcher-list

On Dec 27, 12:22am, Bart Schaefer wrote:
}
} Affects 4.2.5 and later, so it's not a multi-byte thing, but not 4.0.x.

compadd -2V is being called once for each matcher-list entry when the
_complete completer is processed, creating four separate groups of the
same completions.  That doesn't explain why the display is messed up.

Some experimentation reveals that if I omit the -R option of _arguments,
the extra calls to compadd are not made, so the odd behavior is avoided.
This must mean that sometimes [[ nm -ne "$compstate[nmatches]" ]] is true
when -R would cause a false ($? == 300) return, but I don't know why that
would change the possible matches that are added.

I still think a bug has been introduced somewhere since 4.0.x, but having
a workaround is helpful.