Re: compinit in sourced file breaks bg command!?!

On Mar 27, 11:42am, Peter Stephenson wrote:
} Subject: Re: compinit in sourced file breaks bg command!?!
}
} In this case there was another job in the job table, and that was being
} made the current job.  Apparently this was coming from the compinit stuff,
} although the details of how aren't important:  the point was that this
} job was being marked as "done", but not being deleted from the table.

Wow.  This could also explain the "job table full" errors during
completion that have been reported occasionally for the past several
(um) years.  It was always put down to some kind of recursion issue
before, I think.  (I'd look for some history, but the archive server
seems not to be reachable from my location right now.)