Re: compadd -qS' ' should escape the space

I'm sort of surprised no one responded to this.  (Or did they and gmail
has spam-filtered it for me again?)

On May 3,  6:11pm, Nikolai Weibull wrote:
} Subject: compadd -qS' ' should escape the space
}
}   _describe -t color 'color' colors -qS' '
}
} I'd expect the space used as a suffix to be escaped.

Er, no.  The suffix is supposed to be a separator between words; e.g.,
in file completion, you want the space between the file names to be
treated as IFS by the shell, so that you get one file name per word
as the command arguments.

You didn't provide enough context to know what you're really trying
to do and why you think the space should be escaped, so I have no
suggestions for what you should be doing instead.