Re: problems with 4.3.4 and Tru64

Timo Aaltonen <tjaalton@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 10 May 2007, Timo Aaltonen wrote:
>
> >>  Could you send a transcript of your session (as simple as
> >> possible) made with "script" so we can see what is being sent to
> >> the shell input?
> >
> > Attached.
>
> Forgot to mention that I pressed each of these keys twice;
> ö - odiaeresis
> ä - adiaeresis
> å - aring

Hmmm... nothing appears to be coming out; I'm looking for byte sequences
like 0xc3 0xa4 (ä).

Could we try a different tack?  Could you check the "multibyte" option has
come on (use "setopt")?  This should happen automatically.  If it hasn't,
the shell may not have built properly and we need to go back and look at
the configuration.

If multibyte mode is apparently enabled, try "cat >test.out", typing one of
the characters, then ^D.  "xxd" or similar should show you the file
contains a two-octet character like 0xc3 0xa4 (ä), 0xc3 0xb6 (ö), or 0xc3
0xa5 (å).  This may not tell us much, but it's a start...

If that's all OK, try seeing if the shell is recognising multibyte
characters internally.  Take the contents of a file with a multibyte
character in it (say test.out) and do

print ${#$(<test.out)}

That should say 1 (i.e. one character found).  If it says 2 the shell is
interpreting the multibyte stream wrongly.

To get further information regarding CSR, please visit our Investor Relations page at http://ir.csr.com/csr/about/overview