Re: uuid module out-of-tree

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 11:08:11 -0400
Clint Adams <clint@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 11, 2007 at 10:44:28AM -0400, Clint Adams wrote:
> > One thing to do would be to ship some kind of include file for autoconf
> > so that the out-of-tree module can set all the necessary defines
> > (such as HAVE_STDARG_H or HAVE_VARARGS_H) needed by system.h
> >
> > Alternately, the portions of system.h that require config.h but don't
> > need to be exported for out-of-tree modules could be split out to
> > a different header or guarded with #ifdefs.
>
> With the following aczshoot.m4 function (included from acinclude.m4)
>
> AC_DEFUN(zsh_OOT,
> [
> AC_CHECK_HEADERS(stdarg.h varargs.h termios.h termio.h)
>
> AC_TYPE_SIGNAL
>
> AC_DEFINE([ZSH_OOT_MODULE], [], [Out-of-tree module])
> ])
>
> and the following patch, the complete config.h is unnecessary.  The uuid
> module doesn't need stdarg.h, varargs.h, termios.h, termio.h, or
> RETSIGTYPE, however.  Any thoughts?

It looks unobtrusive enough we could do that for now and change it if we
think of something better.  I haven't really go my mind around the
requirements for doing this properly, however.

I think it's worth keeping zcurses in the distribution anyway.  It
would be quite a nice addition to compinstall and zsh-install-newuser
(with a function front-end).