Re: PATCH: zcurses -s

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 14:14:35 -0400
Clint Adams <clint@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 06:52:30PM +0100, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> > conversion internally).  Otherwise I think you just have to loop over
> > the setcchar() for each wide character and pass that to
> > wadd_wchstr()---however, that doesn't advance the cursor so isn't
>
> I am confused by this; why does setcchar(3ncurses) talk about arrays and
> strings if it can't handle an entire wchar_t* string?

            The string must be
            L'\0' terminated, contain at most one character with strictly pos-
            itive width, which must be the first, and contain no characters of
            negative width.

I think it's trying to take account of combining characters (which zsh
doesn't handle at all yet and which, not coincidentally, I haven't got a
clue about).