Re: Strange bug with tiling wm, urxvt and zsh

On Fri, 7 Dec 2007 11:54:48 +0000
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Dec 2007 19:29:23 +0100
> nico@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Nico R. Wohlgemuth) wrote:
> > That doesn't work either.
>
> This will need some work reproducing easily (i.e without me having to
> change my entire X environment).  Then I think we will need to add some
> fprintf's.

I'm not able to get this with dwm (which wasn't hard to install as it
took an unmeasurably small time to compile) in tiling mode, urxvt, and
your .zshrc, so it will certainly need some work.  I can send a guess at
where the fprintf's might reveal something, if you like.  You might want
to try the imminent 4.3.5, though I don't have any good reason to
suppose that helps.

> > Also I'm wondering why I don't have this big with xterm and zsh.
>
> It's likely to be a race; xterm may initialize more quickly (or possibly
> more slowly) so the shell is in a different state at that point.

..as it presumably is on my Fedora 7 x86_64 T5500 system.