Re: * Re: Failed tests of zsh 4.3.5 in Solaris 10 w/Sun Studio 12 CC

Peter wrote:
> The following is the best I've got:  it tests for _libiconv_version
> (which should be an external variable and hence tell us whether we're
> actually linking against libiconv, whatever the header is) in configure

I'd have thought the AC_CHECK_DECL for _libiconv_version as used already
earlier in configure.ac is a sufficient test. If you try to compile zsh
with the iconv header file not matching what it links against, you get
bigger problems and it doesn't compile at all. In fact, there is
_LIBICONV_VERSION which is a #define so you could #ifdef that.

Oliver