Re: Is there any interest in indentation patches?

On Jul 20,  2:21am, Richard Hartmann wrote:
}
} I have been going through a few functions

You mean shell functions as opposed to C functions?

} and there is no clear style when it comes to indentation. Some files
} use whitespaces, some use tabs, many use a combination of the two.
} Some use 2 chars, some use 4. No idea if the commit noise is wanted,
} but I could prepare a batch of patches to fix this.

My personal preference would be that this NOT be done.  It makes it
difficult to see from one file revision to the next what's a semantic
change and what was merely whitespace being fixed up.

It's one thing if the indentation is actually so bad that it impairs
readability -- in that case I'd be more inclined to fix it.  Changing
strictly for the sake of consistency does not seem to me worthwhile.
To maintain it going forward, we'd have to implement a policy of
reformatting every function that is contributed to the sources.