Re: Is there any interest in indentation patches?

On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 14:17, Richard Hartmann
<richih.mailinglist@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 11:49, Nikolai Weibull <now@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Please don't.  Adding mode-lines is not the right way to maintain
>> consistency.  Commit hooks, as you mention elsewhere, are far
>> superior.

> The modeline I would have the most interest in would be
>
>  set ft=zsh
>
> so my highlighting works correctly :)

That will be fixed in Vim 7.3.  Bram didn't want to add my addition to
$VIMRUNTIME/scripts.vim before 7.2.  Anyway, it will look for

  emulate zsh

and the like, which should be in more or less every Zsh script anyway.

Also, you can always add your own patterns to your own filetype.vim, for example

au BufNewFile,BufRead /usr/share/zsh/**/* setf  zsh

(or something similar).