Re: ztcp loudness

On Fri, 8 Aug 2008 22:22:57 +0000
Clint Adams <clint@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm playing with an application that uses both curses and ztcp.
> Whenever ztcp spits out a warning it causes a big mess with the curses
> windows.  I'm going to redirect stderr on all the tcp_* invocations
> but I was wondering if anyone had a better idea.

I've noticed this myself; I get an error when I interrupt it while it's
waiting to accept a connection, which is fairly unhelpful since I know I've
interrupted it.

It probably needs to have more detailed status return values and to ensure
ERRNO is accurate, plus a non-verbose option which (given that this is a
fairly low level utility) really ought to be the default; but as long as
there's an option when opening the session it's good enough.