Re: PATCH: dynamic named directories

On Sep 25,  3:32pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
}
} Now you can use ~[<stuff>] and <stuff> gets passed down to a function
} zsh_directory_name, which either parses it and picks an appropriate
} directory or refuses.

Wow, it's the next best thing to symlinks with environment variable
references in them, like I had in 1990 on my dual-68020 Sony machine
running a Japanese version of 4.3 BSD.

Only maybe without the corresponding gaping security hole.

} -			    doshfunc(shfunc, l, 0, 1);
} +			    doshfunc(shfunc, l, 1);

Are you sure this is still equivalent to the old way?  Looks like here
[and in several similar places] doshfunc() was being explicitly told to
ignore shfunc->node.flags, whereas with your change it will always pay
attention to them.