Re: Help me track down a tough bug? (probably funcfiletrace, subshells and possibly I/O redirection)

"Rocky Bernstein" wrote:
> ./zshdb2.sh
> ./zshdb2.sh:39 ./zshdb2.sh:34   # Debug output in lib/frame.sh
>
> # Above should be: ./lib/hook.sh:5 ./zshdb2.sh:34
> # note: 34+5=39

Ah, I see, so this should be fairly obvious once I track back and see
what the code referred to is... I'll try and get round to this this
evening.

> Suppose eval line numbers were reset but it is shown as a call in the
> stack traces as it is in Python and Ruby. This code then
>
> # This is line 5
> eval "x=1;
> y=$LINENO"
>
> would set y to 2 since that's the second line in the eval. Since eval
> is a POSIX "special" builtin, let's say there is an eval2 which allows
> optional file and line number parameters
>
> eval "x=1;
> y=$LINENO" 10 foo.c
>
> Then y would be set to 10. And *stack* routines where we can see
> filename, it would be "foo.c"

There is already an EVALLINENO option to control the line number
behaviour in eval.  I wouldn't plan on making this even more complicated
without some clear evidence of need.  Use of (the
not-yet-properly-named) ZSH_FILE_LINE looks likely to be more useful.