Re: Get description of the completion

Hello Mikael,

"Mikael Magnusson" <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2008/10/7 Jörg Sommer <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> how can I see the description of a single completion? For kill I would
>> like to see the description even if it was one completion to be sure I
>> kill the right process.
>>
>> % kill ini<TAB>    is completed to
>> % kill 1           but I want to see the description, i.e. the line from
>>                   the ps command, too.
>>
>> Is this possible?
>
> Press list-choices:
>
> % kill init<ctrl-d>

That's not really what I'm looking for. I also would like to see the
description of this:

% grep -h<$MAGIC_KEY>
-h           -- suppress printing of filenames

I often remember an option, but I'm not sure. So I want to see the
description to make sure I'm write or maybe, I was wrong and should make
the next guess. :)

Bye, Jörg.
--
Der Pessimist ist jemand, der vorzeitig die Wahrheit erzählt.
    	      	  	      		    	(Cyrano de Bergerac)