Re: Remove history entries

"Richard Hartmann" wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 13:43, Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > It might be possible to force it to overwrite it, but I don't think that's
> > a simple change.
>
> Can't you "just" move the hooks for these functions? And/or introduce
> a new set?

No, the hook has to run before the line is saved.  Delaying saving it
until other code has run breaks the current model for how history code
works.  In particular executing history commands within the executed but
unsaved command would be screwed up.  There may be a fix, but I don't
see an easy fix.