Re: another bug: zsh_directory_name

Oliver Kiddle wrote:
> Peter Stephenson wrote:
> > so the problem is that the max function depth is too large on those
> > systems (or, equivalently, the resource limits are too small).
>
> Probably so but it should be noted that I get the seg fault on systems
> with 4.3.9 where older versions of zsh print the "maximum nested function
> level reached" message. Has some change meant that more stack space is
> being used than before when calling functions recursively?

The function stack debugging information is now larger.

It also runs a dupstring() at each level to save the name of the file
from which the function was loaded; although this doesn't affect the
stack, it is quite inefficent, but I think the "shfunc" structure can be
removed at any time so it's not easy to do better.

We can reduce the maximum function depth if it's getting flaky on too
many systems.