Re: _history-complete-older buggy

2008/11/23 Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Nov 23,  1:01pm, Mikael Magnusson wrote:
> }
> } If i type a * and press _history-complete-older, i get this output
>
> My guess is that this is going to be another case of some setting that
> you use that is going to need turning off in _comp_options, or the
> like.  Yep, I can duplicate your error if I "setopt glob_complete".
>
> } and after waiting maybe 15-20 seconds, it does give some set of
> } completions that do and do not start with a *. It might simply be all
> } words in my history.
>
> It almost certainly is.  You've asked for globbing completion, so the
> * is being interpreted as a pattern, and guess what it matches?

Ah, I see.

When i say [*] i get words that start with a *, but when i say \** i
only get words that a) start with a * and b) contains a second *
somewhere.

Holding down tab to cycle the list, I get an increasingly long word
forming on the command line. Seems it loses track of what is part of
the completion word. This is what i got after a few seconds,
*.cue`*~og*|*/*.ogg|*/01*|*|*/*.ogg|*/*.mp3|*/ogg/*.jpg|*/ogg/frommp3_320|*.jpg|*/*.ogg&**/_wget

> What's your HISTSIZE setting?

13000

> The completion is in fact scanning the $historywords array, which is
> all words in your history, so the more enormous your history compared
> to the amount of memory and processor speed you have, the more poorly
> this completion is going to behave.

It also depends on how fast the code is :)
http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2008/11/sorting-1pb-with-mapreduce.html

--
Mikael Magnusson