Re: D03 test hang on cygwin with latest sources

On Mon, 1 Dec 2008, Peter Stephenson wrote:

On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 15:26:09 -0800 (PST)
"Peter A. Castro" <doctor@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[snip]
Thanks for the notes.

By the way, do you know what the status is under Vista?  I'm still getting
more than occasional fatal DLL conflicts.  Last time I checked the only
fixes for this were ad-hoc magic.

Getting Cygwin to work at all on Vista is still a work in progress.
There are many, many problems, none of which are truely understood.
It's mostly a terrible mix of UACs, Admin auth and cat hair.
Ad-hoc magic is as good as anything else for the moment.  Sorry.

--
Peter A. Castro <doctor@xxxxxxxxxxxx> or <Peter.Castro@xxxxxxxxxx>