Re: zsh 4.3.9: Interrupted "tcsetattr" call problem, tiling-wm related

On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 17:20:25 +0100
Lionel Flandrin <lionel@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> A couple of grep and dirty fprintf in the source code later, I think
> I've found the root of the problem at Src/utils.c line 1440:
>
> 1440          tcsetattr(SHTTY, TCSADRAIN, &ti->tio);
> 1441      /* if (tcsetattr(SHTTY, TCSADRAIN, &ti->tio) == -1) */
>
> (It's interresting that the bugfix is almost already there :).

... just after the line that says "Princeton's include files are screwed
up".  It's interesting we're relying on an ad-hoc fix for a problem
(although not related to this one) on a single system that probably
disappeared ten years ago.

> Indeed, the problem seems to be that I use a tiling WM (stumpwm) that
> If I change the call to:
>
>   while (tcsetattr(SHTTY, TCSADRAIN, &ti->tio) == -1 && errno == EINTR);
>
> It fixes the problem.

That looks fine, I've committed it.  Thanks.