Re: Git mirror at SF

On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 02:20:17PM -0700, Wayne Davison wrote:
> I fixed the cvsps that I'm running, sent off a patch to the maintainer,
> and used it to create a better zsh repo.  The revised code fixes a
> handful of affected files (some of which we did not notice due to the
> affected revisions being back in the history of the file).

Unfortunately, my patched version had a bug where incremental updates
would often leave files ungrouped into a proper patch set.  I had been
working around this problem by telling cvsps to rebuild its cache file
from scratch each time there were some changes that needed to be added.

Today I implemented a better fix for the cvsps code, and am testing that
to see how it will handle the new commits that show up.  While that is
going on you may see a delay in new cvs commits showing up in the git
repo.

When I'm done, I'm going to push a brand new git repository because my
new cvsps code managed to join together a split commit into a proper
changeset, and I want to update the repository with that change.

For anyone who grabs changes via "git pull --rebase", git should sync up
just fine when the new repository goes out (I tested it, and it uses a
3-way merge for the spot where the 2 commits become one, and the end
result is identical to a fresh pull).

..wayne..