Re: D07multibyte.ztst failure on HP-UX 11.11

On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 03:01:51 +0000
Paul Ackersviller <pda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > How about accented European characters like
> >
> > % print -oi H?H H?H H?H H?H H?H
> > H?H H?H H?H H?H H?H
>
> Yes, that appears to give the desired result.

OK, I'll limit it to those.  The fact that western European characters work
better may be a hold over from supporting ISO-8859-1, I suppose.

> Sorry for not correctly
> quoting the utf8 in your last post, either my editor or utf8 locale
> isn't behaving on this system.  At least I think my mail client
> managed to extract it successfully for this test.

It seemed to happen again in the reply, not that it's significant this time
round.  I've quoted what I got, although it's possible something nearer
this end decided on the "?"s as a fallback for something it didn't understand.