Re: D07multibyte.ztst failure on HP-UX 11.11

On Thu, May 07, 2009 at 05:02:19PM +0100, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> On Thu, 7 May 2009 16:38:19 +0100
> Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >   (unsetopt multibyte; print $'\xc5') | read
> >
> > returns status 1 with no output.
> >
> > I'm fairly happy this isn't a shell bug...
>
> Having said that, actually there's no good reason why "read" shouldn't just
> accept any old junk and let whoever is looking at the variable handle it.
> This fixes that, and adds a test for it.

Thanks, it works as advertised.

> This means your test still fails, however.  I'm not sure what to do about
> this since clearly the test *does* fail; you don't get a valid character or
> an error.  Since character set conversion isn't working on your system (as
> evinced by the result of not setting the C locale), I suppose we could test
> that and if so skip the test?

Sounds like about the best that can be done under the circumstances.

BTW, there's one other thing with HP-UX tests I've been ignoring until
now, but would like to look at shortly.  They end with:
	rm: cannot remove `Modules/zsh/parameter.so': Text file busy
	rm: cannot remove `Modules/zsh/zutil.so': Text file busy
	rm: cannot remove `Modules/zsh/complete.so': Text file busy
	rm: cannot remove `Modules/zsh/complist.so': Text file busy
	rm: cannot remove `Modules/zsh/computil.so': Text file busy
	rm: cannot remove `Modules/zsh/zle.so': Text file busy