zsh prompt eates up my screen :)

Hi,

try this:

% zsh -f
ibook% TRAPALRM() { PS1=${(l:$COLUMNS::xx:)}$'\nline 2%% '; zle reset-prompt; }
ibook% TMOUT=2
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
line 2%

At me (4.3.9), the line with the xs walks up into the first line of the
screen and stays there. If I use fewer than $COLUMNS characters in the
line, it works as expected. It looks like a length calculation is wrong.

Bye, JÃrg.
--
Dein Gesicht wird dir geschenkt. LÃcheln musst du selber! (Inga Hermann)