Re: PATCH: _GNU_SOURCE when __GNU__

On Sun, 12 Jul 2009 16:37:08 +0000
Clint Adams <clint@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 05:53:33PM +0000, Clint Adams wrote:
> > As far as I can tell, nothing is included up to this point which
> > define __GLIBC__, so the Hurd wasn't getting the
> > nanosecond-resolution structs guarded by __USE_MISC
> > and thus was not able to use them in Src/cond.c.
> > This has nothing to do with /dev/ptmx.
>
> So it seems that Debian GNU/kFreeBSD is actually hard-coding
> a __GLIBC__ define in gcc for some reason.  Could someone
> think of a sane configure test for these struct members instead,
> or is it futile?

It should be just a question of #include'ing <sys/stat.h> and testing if
either st_atim.tv_nsec or st_atimensec is present in struct
stat---however, you'd need to be sure the definitions aren't trodden on
by something in system.h.  We really need to be sure of that anyway, to
ensure consistency, but actually system.h is a bit murky (and I mean a
bit murky on the zsh scale, not on the scale of good programming).