zsh 4.3.10 terminates with SIGINT when one types Ctrl-G in emacs under Mac OS X

Hi,

I've found a problem with zsh 4.3.10 (and some previous versions, as
this bug has occurred for quite a long time, and I've identified it
only now). I could trigger it only under Mac OS X (version 10.4.11).

Consider a script with a line like

  /usr/bin/emacs -Q -nw

or

  /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs -Q -nw

(the problem doesn't depend on the version of emacs, e.g. 21 or 22).

Run it with:

  zsh -f ./script

and type Ctrl-G in Emacs. Then zsh terminates with a SIGINT, killing
Emacs at the same time.

This problem also occurs with ksh 1993-12-28 p, but not with bash.
With zsh 4.2.3, the SINGINT occurs only after Emacs terminates (e.g.
by quitting it with C-x C-c).