Re: zsh 4.3.10 terminates with SIGINT when one types Ctrl-G in emacs under Mac OS X

On 2009-07-19 11:31:47 -0700, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> On Jul 19,  1:09am, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> } Subject: Re: zsh 4.3.10 terminates with SIGINT when one types Ctrl-G in em
> }
> } > } [bash] ignores SIGINT if the caller chose to ignore it; also when
> } > } executing a process, it restores the trap to the default behavior,
> } > } in case it was ignored (that's another difference with zsh).
> } >
> } > And that's a case where I think the zsh behavior is in fact preferable.
> }
> } Is there any reason?
>
> If bash really "restores the trap to the default behavior, in case it was
> ignored" then I think bash is wrong because "the default behavior" is to
> exit on the signal.

Sorry, I was not enough clear. I meant that bash restores the trap
to the behavior at the time that bash was called. But it seems to
be something different, something like if SIGINT is ignored when
bash is executed, a "trap command INT" has no effect unless both
bash and its child receive a SIGINT. Now, this behavior is a bit
strange, maybe a bug.