Recent parser changes

Greetings -

On my Windows XP/cygwin 1.7 box, one of my scripts recently stopped
working with the following message:

MakeNativeXEmacs:136: parse error near '\n'

The line number identified is the last line in the file, so the parser
is running off the end of the file.

Apparently, the offending line in the script is:

if [[ -n $package_dir ]] &&  perl -pi -e
"s@^#XXX=.*@XXX=$package_dir@" config.inc

Commenting out that line solved my problem.  After staring at that
line for awhile, I realized that the "if ... &&" construct was at
least non-standard, if not an outright syntax error; removing the "if"
solved the parse error.

Peter - if memory serves, you made some parser changes recently and I
just wanted to document this behavioral change.

Regards,
  Vin