Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
- X-seq: zsh-workers 27299
- From: Guido van Steen <gvsteen@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-workers@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: matlab-history-beginning-search-backward
- Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 09:52:10 -0700 (PDT)
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1254329530; bh=/QktGc64229tW774p+Gtagr0zMAPGZsJbPnxpylfMIY=; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=dBowJcg1q+9iWWWM0oHSI7qEiZyH4G3e35m/Bs0OqmYp0umgKvhLKOWMqnwy5FuyZnoC8PoyxppkAkV2y7ZJiYYS/Cmz3nOlY43WWXZorpKDfdTNylk3lcSvKCsTWvXfaWQ5jQTcx2IE83JRt8asO7LD9wcRlT1xpGFZAvjtGyk=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=JtuKDkKFjE7Nw90Y3Oo1gHSLV/expD4DLztbbmMtFhaVzOVboHw/X4GVxJmFpGWXvn2s4vj2erArQEe02JuDjMl5zCvLeCBv6AAVrObDtj3INh7LiHAt0GqsOoxl6QjaObb2vpYvZYif9UNLhyw29UdACtfzeOnmG3vrdeHb+Xk=;
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
I use the "history-beginning-search-backward" widget quite frequently. It searches for commands in the command history that START WITH "LBUFFER".
I like this behaviour. It is simple and it keeps my attention fixed on one line. What I don't like about the widget is that ONLY searches for commands that start with "LBUFFER". Instead I would prefer a similar widget that searches for commands in the command history, in such a way that "LBUFFER" is a SUBSTRING of these commands. (This is the default history management in MATLAB and FISH.)
I know there is the "history-incremental-search-backward" widget, which is bound to "^r" by default. This widget does more-or-less what I want. However, it shows two prompts, which I don't seem to like that much. Moreover, if requires the userto invoke it first and then start typing what he looks for. Usually I seem to start typing something and then find out that I do not remember the command that I want to type anymore. So I would like to involve the widget after I type, as can be done with the "history-beginning-search-backward" widget.
So, my question is: Has anyone ever come across such a "matlab-history-beginning-search-backward" kind of widget? Or, if not, can anyone provide me with pointers on how to write one by myself. I have to add that I am not very fluent at C.
I hope I phrased my question clear enough.
Messages sorted by: