Re: zsh eats 100% CPU with completion in /

On Nov 1,  6:31pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
}
} Thanks---I think that means somehow it's got confused in the lexical
} analyser, there's not much scope for more problems in get_comp_string().
} That first word obviously ought to be "./x".

Hmm.  Somewhere in the completion system -- I forget now whether it's in
the C code (though I believe so) -- the string on the line is modified
to insert an "x" as a placeholder, which is then later deleted.  I wonder
if something is going wrong there -- either the pointer isn't being
advanced properly when the "x" is inserted, or it's being decremented
incorrectly (or too often) when the "x" is removed?