Re: Entering zero-width chars in the ^r prompt messes up display

> On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 11:58, Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I pasted a filename from a webpage and it had some <200b> in it, so i
>> did ctrl-r ctrl-shift-200b to delete them quickly, but instead ended
>> up with weirdness. The same thing happens for combining chars like
>> <305>. Also notable is that the search seems to fail, while it works
>> fine for other utf-8 chars, including double-width japanese chars.
>
> I was unable to reproduce this but did not find anything explicit about
> this being fixed, etiher.
>
> Could you check again with current cvs? If it's still open, I will add it
> to the bug tracker.

This still happens to me both with -f and without, it happens on 4.3.4
too (didn't try any other versions). If it wasn't clear, the
ctrl-shift-200b part is terminal specific, if you don't use urxvt you
would need to input it some other way (for example echo
$'\u200b'|xclip and then just middle click after pressing ctrl-r).

--
Mikael Magnusson