Re: Infinite loop in parsing <()?

On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 07:21:54 -0700
> On Mar 25,  1:06pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> }
> } +  print -u $ZTST_fd 'This test hangs the shell when it fails...'
> } +  alias sort='LC_ALL=C sort'
> } +  cat <(echo foo | sort)
> } +0:Alias expansion works at the end of parsed strings
> } +>foo
>
> Probably not really anything to worry about, but this test will
> fail without hanging if there is no "sort" command in the path.

I noticed there were no other uses of sort (actually for reasons hinted at
by the LC_ALL=C there, although I seem to remember that wasn't good
enough---it was getting really hairy to get consistent results across
systems) and was wondering about changing it to another cat, which I've now
done; the test still hangs in old shells.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx>            Software Engineer
Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070                   Cambridge Silicon Radio Limited