Re: PATCH: count glyphs in multibyte strings

On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 09:53:58 +0000
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Phil Pennock wrote:
> > What about -1 being returned from wcwidth() for non-printable
> > characters?  Looks like this is an existing issue.
>
> Yes, it would make a mess of the existing code although the new capability
> would handle it better.  I'm not sure whether the right answer is 1 or 0,
> but it's not -1.

The code was inconsistent; some places handled unprintable characters as
width 0, others as 1, some didn't handle them specially.  I'll
rationalise them all to 0.  CVS is still down at the moment (see notice
from https://sourceforge.net/apps/wordpress/sourceforge/ below).

CVS outage 2010-03-25
March 25th, 2010

Hello folks,

Update on the current CVS outage that is affecting projects whose UNIX
names start with the letters  a, e, h, i, m, o, r, s, w, z.

The work being done on this server may take up to two days to
resolve. Weâre working to resolve this with alacrity and assure maximum
stability and performance.

Please bear with us as we work to get this effort completed.

Best regards,

Daniel Hinojosa â Sr. Manager Support, SourceForge.net