Re: SourceForge CVS down for the weekend, it looks like

Wayne Davison wrote:
> It would be cool to switch from CVS to git (which has better
> high-availability support than CVS), but I understand that if Peter is not
> familiar with it, it would be annoying for him to have to put a lot of time
> into getting everything working with a new scm.

I think the real problem would be losing anonymous CVS.  We have so few
active developers I don't think management of the archive is a major
problem.

Personally, I have no more objection to using git than any other system
(I use the git mirror when CVS is down), but I don't think there's any
overriding reason for changing.  If there had been we'd probably already
have switched to Subversion.  Delaying a commit by a day or two is a
complete non-issue in our case.