Oddity with reset-prompt and vared

This is mostly out of curiosity, I've already worked around the
problem by checking $CONTEXT for vared before running reset-prompt
since it doesn't make sense anyway, but I noticed this happening

% zsh -f
% function a() { zle reset-prompt; zle .accept-line }
% zle -N accept-line a
% a=
% vared a
aoeua
% vared a
ããããã<press enter>
<the end of the string is replaced with spaces>
%

If the cause of this isn't immediately obvious then I won't be sad if
no one investigates further, just thought I'd mention it.

--
Mikael Magnusson