Overriding a yank* widget in zle

I'm trying to figure out how to override the zle yank widget without breaking the ability to use yank-pop, and this does not appear to be possible in the current code. ÂA query in early 2005 on the subject went unanswered, so hopefully I didn't miss some simple solution to this.

I've coded up a patch that adds the -y option to zle so that I can define a "zle -Ny yank" widget (as well as yank-pop), which marks it as being a ZLE_YANK equivalent. ÂI'm not sure that this is the right solution, so see what you think of the change.

..wayne..