Re: Tee all output to log file?

On Wed, 2 Feb 2011, ZyX wrote:

Reply to message «Re: Tee all output to log file?»,
sent 20:28:13 02 February 2011, Wednesday
by Benjamin R. Haskell:

    && exec env doinglogging=true ...
I used to write this as «doinglogging=true exec ...» or with
   doinglogging=true
   exec ...
Any reason why env command should envoked here I am not aware of?

Nope, but it doesn't hurt much. 'env' execs, AFAIK, so it's only an extra (light) process startup. Mainly I was lazy.

Accidentally wrote it as:

&& exec doinglogging=true screen ...

Didn't work, since I'd put the precmd modifiers in the wrong order, and I tacked on 'env' instead of rearranging.

--
Best,
Ben