Re: crash/memory corruption when completing dynamic named directory

On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 05:54, Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I can't reproduce this in zsh -f yet, all that happens is that the
> completion just fails quietly without doing anything.
> % echo ネネネネネ ~[<tab>
> results in
> % echo <e3><ad><e3><ad><e3><ad><e3><ad><e3><ad> ~[
>
> any idea what could be wrong or what I can try to narrow it down?

Not an answer per se, but maybe bits of data giving someone else a lead: ネ
is Unicode code point 12493, or "\u30CD", which normalizes to itself in all
four Unicode normalization forms NFC, NFD, NFKC and NFKD, and which UTF-8
encodes to 0xE3, 0x83, 0x8D. I have no ideas about what the pretty-printing
or <ad>:s could be related to.

--
 / Johan Sundström, http://ecmanaut.blogspot.com/

The problem doesn't seem to depend on the zsh_directory_name function,