Re: Feature request: tab completion for git tree paths

On 27 March 2011 14:06, Johannes Bittner <johannes.bittner@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I very handy feature of the git completion in bash[1] is that it can
> complete tree paths, e.g. it can complete an expression like
> "HEAD:path/to/file". Would it be possible to integrate this in the git
> completion support for zsh? Or has it already been integrated, but my
> version of zsh (4.3.10) lacks support for it?
>
> On a related note, using bashcompinit as described in [1] doesn't seem
> to enable completion of tree paths, any ideas why this doesn't work?
>
> Bye,
> Johannes
>
> [1]http://git.kernel.org/?p=git/git.git;a=blob_plain;f=contrib/completion/git-completion.bash;hb=HEAD

I have this old patch lying around, it's for the old _git though.
Don't bother asking me any questions about it, as you can see from the
header it's 3 years old :).
http://cgit.mika.l3ib.org/cgit/zsh-cvs/commit/?h=mika&id=0cef4f4dceb02cfb12e9a768110db778deffbb8c

--
Mikael Magnusson