Re: completion on brace + 4 characters doesn't work

On 2011-04-28 08:12:40 -0700, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> On Apr 28,  1:11pm, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> }
> } $ zsh-beta -f
> } xvii% echo $ZSH_VERSION
> } 4.3.11-dev-2-cvs0421
>
> ZSH_PATCHLEVEL is more useful now because it doesn't include any local
> modifications (like "-cvs0421") that are meaningless to those of us
> who aren't involved with whatever precompiled package one may have
> installed.

OK: 1.5256

under Debian.

But the same problem occurs with Debian's 4.3.11 zsh package.

> } xvii% ls -a
> } .  ..  abcdef
> } xvii% echo ./{abcd
> }
> } Here when I hit [Tab], nothing is completed. However, the completion
> } works if I remove the d.
>
> If you're starting from zsh -f then this is the old compctl which is
> pretty much unmaintained at this point.

Same problem with:

  autoload -U compinit
  compinit

> However, I'm not able to reproduce this problem on my CentOS 4 box:
>
> torch% echo $ZSH_VERSION $ZSH_PATCHLEVEL
> 4.3.11-dev-2 1.5265
> torch% ls -a
> .  ..  abcdef
> torch% echo ./{abcdef,

I can't reproduce the problem either under Mac OS X. And I can't
reproduce it under Red Hat with the official zsh 4.3.10.

I've looked at Debian's patches for the zsh package, but I don't
see anything related to the problem here.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.net/>