Re: tab inserts literal tab instead of completing at beginning of line

On May 23,  4:55am, Mikael Magnusson wrote:
}
} On 23 May 2011 04:27, Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
} > You're running into a strange combination of effects.  The completion
} > internals initialize compstate[insert]=tab only when an actual tab is
} > pressed, but the effect of explicitly assigning compstate[insert]=tab
} > inside a completion function is to change the final keystroke into a
} > self-insert.

I'm trying to decide if this is worth documenting.

} A tangent, I was just staring at these tests, and the (|[[:blank:]]*)
} thing that appears on both sides, shouldn't the asterisk be to the left
} of the blank when the thing is to the left of the word?

I think you're correct about that.  There may be a few places that need
that change.

The two patches at the end of your message look fine if you want to
commit one or the other (the "empty" one needs doc added, of course).