Re: PATCH: zsh/datetime $EPOCHREALTIME

On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 13:37:15 +0200
Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 10 August 2011 13:21, Peter Stephenson <Peter.Stephenson@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I had a need for the current time to better than one second precision in
> > a shell function, which currently (as far as I can see) the shell
> > doesn't do.  It does for SECONDS, but that's not useful for comparison
> > with times used by the rest of the system.
>
> Curious, I made a similar patch last week but didn't post it yet :)
> Your patch looks better though, my variable just had the nanoseconds
> part in it, and no docs. I did put a --disable-rt option in mine
> though.

I'm actually wondering if we ought to be a bit smarter and add an
epochrealtime array with the seconds and nanoseconds as elements
(guaranteed to be consistent, obviously). Exercise for the reader.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx>            Software Engineer
Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070                   Cambridge Silicon Radio Limited

More information can be found at www.csr.com. Follow CSR on Twitter at http://twitter.com/CSR_PLC and read our blog at www.csr.com/blog