Re: Disable special-dirs for cdpath

On Sat, 8 Oct 2011 12:58:26 +0200
Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Any other ideas? Is the "real" tag already accessible here in some
> other parameter?

You'd have thought so, wouldn't you?  The completion code is looping
over the tags, it ought to be easy to work out what tag you've got and
use it (or, if it isn't, that you haven't got a tag, so you use a
default one, in this case paths).

However, this quickly turns into "I'm sorry I even thought about
looking" territory.  Buried under the tag handling completion functions,
which are documented but only tell you how the looping works, are the
builtins comptags and comptry within the famously undocumented source
code of zsh/computil, and the published API documentation reads, in
full,

       comptags
       comptry
              These implement the internals of the tags mechanism.

So this looks like another of those things that will have to become
someone's life's passion to investigate, document, and render
maintainable.