Re: New completion function (nmcli) and patch for _ffmpeg

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 20:46, Sebastian Tramp
<tramp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 07, 2011 at 07:05:36PM +0100, Haakon Riiser wrote:
>
>> Here's a new completion function for nmcli, the command line interface
>> to Linux' Network Manager. [...]
>
> Haakon,
>
> +1 - like it very much.
> Tested with an older 0.8.3.998 and works smooth!
>
> thank you

Glad to hear it was immediately useful to someone. :)

Anyway, I have an updated version already. There are no changes to the
completion itself, I've only tried to make it more portable and in
line with other completion functions:

* Use _call_program so that users can override the calls

* Use _describe, _wanted and _message instead of compadd directly (to
avoid using ANSI escape codes to set the bold attribute in the
description line)

* Use _net_interfaces to generate completion for network interfaces

* Fixed some weird indenting

That's it for now.

--
 Haakon