Re: zsh 4.3.13 released

2011/12/1 Peter Stephenson <Peter.Stephenson@xxxxxxx>:
> On Thu, 1 Dec 2011 13:27:10 +0100
> Oliver Kiddle <okiddle@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Peter Stephenson wrote:
>> > I've uploaded zsh 4.3.13 to ftp://ftp.zsh.org/pub/.  If you get a chance
>> > to try it out before I upload it to Sourceforge, too, that would be
>> > great.

On FreeBSD I have the following error in make test:
Test ./D07multibyte.ztst failed: output differs from expected as shown above for
:
  (print $'\u00e9') 2>&1 | read
  if [[ $REPLY != \xc3\xa9 ]]; then
    print "warning: your system can't do simple Unicode conversion." >&$ZTST_fd
    print "Check you have a correctly installed iconv library." >&$ZTST_fd
    # cheat
    repeat 4 print OK
  else
    testfn() { (LC_ALL=C; print $'\u00e9') }
    repeat 4 testfn 2>&1 | while read line; do
      if [[ $line = *"character not in range"* ]]; then
        print OK
      elif [[ $line = "?" ]]; then
        print OK
      else
        print Failed: no error message and no question mark
      fi
    done
  fi
  true
Was testing: error handling in Unicode quoting

The same problem occurs with zsh 4.3.12 by the way, so not a regression

regards,
Bapt