Re: Documentation error

On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 08:13:50PM +0000, Peter Stephenson wrote:

>> (There could be perfectly well be a "d" modifier, too, to avoid suprises,
>> however.  I seem to remember it's caught me in the past.)
>
> Can't see any harm; there's no clash with other syntax, since at least
> the number is mandatory.

Great! I first tried replacing mw+1 with md+7, got caught and removed
the d. Accepting a "d" modifier reduces surprise.

About the completion documentation, what was the verdict? If you just
change

    oldp=( "$1"(Nmw+1) )

    oldp=( "$1"(Nmw+0) )

in the zshcompsys man page (in the cache_invalid example), it will
surprise novices much less. Not the end of the world if you don't change
it though...

Best,

GI

--
TEN SURE SIGNS THE RECESSION HAS HIT REALLY HARD
5. McDonald's is selling the 1/4 ouncer.