Re: PATCH: Doc: Explain the numeric argument

On Dec 12,  2:17pm, Mikael Magnusson wrote:
} Subject: PATCH: Doc: Explain the numeric argument
}
} This should change all occurrences of 'prefix argument' or 'numeric prefix
} argument' to just 'numeric argument'.

If we're going for consistency, there are at least a few places that use
"numerical" instead of "numeric".

Aside: We're also missing a bunch of index references, e.g., there's no
index entry for zle_highlight.

} I've also added a blurb explaining what it actually is and does, any
} opinion on where it should be if not there, or what it says?

It should either go there, or go at the top of the "Zle Widgets" section
with a forward reference where you have it now.

} +In many places, references are made to the tt(numeric argument).  This can
} +by default be entered in emacs mode by holding the alt key and typing
} +a number, or pressing escape before each number, and in vi command mode
} +by typing the number before entering a command.

The explanation of "by default ..." should perhaps reference the
digit-argument widget, which is why I might consider moving it to the
top of the Widgets section.