Re: On the quoting of braces

Peter Stephenson <p.w.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Here's an option IGNORE_CLOSE_BRACES that only disables the first effect.

I'm sorry I only got around testing this now.

First, I noticed setting IGNORE_CLOSE_BRACES corrupts all my single line
definitions in .zshrc, but that was kind of intended and can be fixed by
using ";}" of course.  Therefore, I put it at the end of .zshrc for now.

However, it also breaks completion code, making the new feature rather
unusable:

juno ~% zsh --version
zsh 4.3.15 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu)
juno ~% vim /
_main_complete:60: parse error near `fi'

Curiously, this doesn't happen when I set the option from the command line.

When I force _main_complete to be loaded *before* setting
IGNORE_CLOSE_BRACES with

  autoload +X -Uz _main_complete

it works, even though _comp_options specifies NO_ignoreclosebraces, so
this option shouldn't even be set in _main_complete.

Hope that helps,
--
Christian Neukirchen  <chneukirchen@xxxxxxxxx>  http://chneukirchen.org