Re: Bug with bash emulation regarding ':'

On Jan 31,  8:29pm, Bart Schaefer wrote:
}
} 2657               opts[SHWORDSPLIT] = 0;
} 2658               multsub(&val, 0, NULL, &isarr, NULL);
}
} The problem is that we want to suppress any further splitting in the
} current shell, but when we enter the subshell for $(...) it should
} revert to the original setting.

I can verify this by defining _test with "emulate sh -c ..." so that
the SHWORDSPLIT option becomes sticky in that function.

I'm still not sure what to do about it.  The question goes a bit deeper
in that there are several ways that shell code might get invoked during
stringsubst() -- the (e::) glob flag, dynamic directory names, etc. --
and presumably those should also all use the original splitting style,
whereas simple nested expansions should not.