Re: manpage mentions old TIMEFMT

Christian Neukirchen <chneukirchen@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi,
>
> a minor documentation bug:
>
>        TIMEFMT
>               The format of process time reports with the time  keyword.   The
>               default is `%E real  %U user  %S system  %P %J'.
>
> but actually:
>
> % zsh --version
> zsh 4.3.17 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu)
> % zsh -f
> juno% echo $TIMEFMT
> %J  %U user %S system %P cpu %*E total
>
> This probably went unnoticed for a loong time. :)
>
>> Thu Jun 15 00:25:43 1995  Richard Coleman  <coleman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>        * Changed the DEFAULT_TIMEFMT to
>>          "%J  %U user %S system %P cpu %*E total".
>>         From rc.

While I'm at it:

              %M     The  maximum memory the process had in use at any time in
                     Kbytes.

This seems to be in megabytes on my platform (zsh 4.3.17
(x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu), Linux 3.2.8).

Finally, %X and %D are rubbish on Linux (but GNU time(1) always shows
0 for them).

--
Christian Neukirchen  <chneukirchen@xxxxxxxxx>  http://chneukirchen.org