Translating my Character Index into yodl-format

I'm trying to translate my Character Index
( http://zshwiki.org/home/docs/charindex ) into yodl format so it can be
included with (and easily link to) the main zsh documentation. But I'm
running into difficulties figuring out what yodl tags to use. I've
looked at the yodl manual here: http://yodl.sourceforge.net/yodl.html
and the yodl source of the zsh docs, here:
http://zsh.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=zsh/zsh;a=tree;f=Doc;hb=HEAD

I've figured out how to add a node to the docs (although I may have done
it wrong).

My beginning of an effort is below, in the file Doc/Zsh/kbdidx.yo

texinode(Keyboard Index)()(User Contributions)(Top)
ifnztexi(sect(Keyboard Index))

subsect(A)
startitem()
item(tt(-A))( Thing )
enditem()
subsect(B)
startlist()
list(tt(abc))
list(tt(de))
endlist()

Any pointers to previous efforts at migrating documentation from the
wiki to the main docs, or just advice about learning yodl, would be
appreciated.

Jesse Weinstein